Wednesday 5 February 2014

Film Poster and Cover ideas

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have picked two different film covers and posters, I chose these because I thought that they both look as if they would work well in our genre.

The first poster 'The Box' includes the main character along with two others. I think this poster is good for layout and colour. we think this type of composition would be idea for our poster since we are thinking of having Madison and Cody on the front. We have expanded our ideas and we are now thinking of having them both on the front since the trailer will carry onto being a thriller/adventure film. They are both in search of their younger siblings whilst trying to battle evil. We think that this will work well because we want to show the team work two distant siblings can create. If we do take on this idea, we are going to use this type of composition and layout using Photoshop.

The second poster, 'Gone' has an unusual composition and layout. however, I find this intriguing because its different from all of the others. I don't believe we would use the shape of this though. I think we will stick to a basic cover size since we don't want to give too much away.
The woman on the front, looks perfect for our type of film and character, because she is in the centre shows she is the main character. I think if we used something like this for our main character 'Madison' I think it would work well considering her image and story. This will draw attention from our viewers and by using Photoshop to add effects and edit our image, we could create something based on this. I think this is strangely similar as the titles work well, 'The Taking' and 'Gone' are both forms of disappearance.

After considering both of these, I feel we will take on both ideas, they both include elements we are looking for to create a well polished poster and cover.

1 comment:

  1. Can you hand draw and upload a potential poster for your own film, taking into account some of the inspiration you have had here?

    ReplyDelete